Looking for Guitar Lessons in Greensboro NC?
Hi, I’m Andy Lemaire, a guitar teacher in Greensboro, North Carolina. I teach guitar lessons to students aged 7 and up, with ability ranging from complete beginners to advanced students. I have 9 years of experience teaching guitar, and I've played for 20 years.
Core beliefs of my teaching philosophy:
- The ultimate goal is to cultivate enthusiasm and love for the guitar in the student. Learning and playing the guitar should be fun.
- Learning happens best in a peaceful environment, free of anxiety and pressure.
- Lessons should be relevant to the type of music the student is passionate about.
- Concepts should build on one another in a progressive, logical way.
Are you a beginner?
I have plenty of experience working with beginners of all ages. I don’t waste time doing boring exercises from method books. Starting in the first lesson, we begin working on learning real songs and the most practical techniques. The focus is on working out the mechanics of playing. Most beginners are able to strum through a simple song by the end of their first lesson.
Been playing awhile?
For intermediate/advanced students, my first priority is to evaluate what needs to be done to take their playing to the next level. I determine which techniques need to be adjusted and developed, and which areas of theoretical understanding are missing. I then put together a program where we develop these areas of playing while examining their use in the student's preferred musical style.
With all students, things that I specialize in are:
- Creating a thoughtful, planned, unique teaching approach for each student.
- Developing flowing, tension-free technique
- Analyzing problems the student is having, and creating strategies to fix those problems
If you have any questions, or if you would like to inquire about starting lessons, please contact me. If you'd like to keep up with what's going on in my studio, head over to my studio's Facebook page.