- Easy, modern, song-based beginner curriculums for kids and adults
- Learn to play full songs in your preferred style
- Develop real, practical skills through playing your instrument in the lesson
Get the feedback and direction that you need . . .
And have some fun along the way!
Are you a beginner?
From the start, you'll zero in on the most important aspects of playing.
- You'll play a 2 chord song by the end of your first lesson
- You'll play full songs after 2 or 3 months
- You'll learn through actively playing with another person
Been playing awhile?
You'll get a sense of direction, and finally start making some progress.
- You'll learn how to apply music theory creatively
- You'll deepen your understanding of rhythm
- You'll pick up good practice strategies and habits
And so much more. Click here to learn more about how and what I teach:
More on how I teach
Hi, I’m Andy Lemaire.
I love teaching, and believe in meeting the student wherever they are at. . . and then gently pushing them beyond that point.
I cultivate a compassionate, low pressure learning environment. One where the student is free to explore and stumble as often as needed while undertaking the challenge of learning a musical instrument.
I believe in taking an active approach to learning. There won't be excessive, deep dives into music theory, or long winded monologues from me in your lessons. Instead, you'll be playing your instrument most of the time, and I'll be playing along or listening. You'll learn by doing.
My teaching methods are tried and true, formed from testing what works through years of experience. And they're constantly evolving.
Lessons Offered For:
Easy, fun, song based curriculum that is age appropriate. Your child will be strumming in no time! Ages 8 and up.
Adults & Teens
We'll combine my adult beginner's curriculum with songs of your choice. For intermediates, I'll create a curriculum that is directed toward your goals.
Lessons are also available on the ukulele. Let's get you strumming on this fun, easy instrument!