Lesson rates are $20 per half-hour, $35 per hour.
Payment can be in cash, check or online via PayPal.
Most students do lessons in a regular time slot that occurs weekly. I also have a limited number of one hour slots that occur every other week. Currently, I don’t offer half hour slots that are every other week.
The lessons take place at my home teaching studio, located on Glenwood Ave. in Greensboro.
Over the years, I’ve searched for a payment and cancellation policy that takes into account the logistics of time tabling up to 50+ students per week while still remaining fair to both me and the student.
- Lessons are prepaid for each calendar month. Payment for the next month’s lessons is due on the last lesson of the month (for example, payment for lessons in April is due the last week of March).
- Lesson fees are non-refundable.
- A lesson can be canceled free of charge if the student gives at least 1 week of notice for it. If that lesson has already been paid for, I’ll credit the cost of it to the following month.
- For weekly lessons, only one lesson can be cancelled free of charge in a month.
- For lessons every other week, only one lesson can be cancelled free of charge every 2 months.
- If less than 1 week of notice is given for a canceled lesson, the student will be charged for it:
- It is possible to schedule a make-up lesson in this case. However, availability for make-ups is very limited and not guaranteed.
- Make up lessons must be scheduled within a couple weeks of the original lesson that was missed.
- Lessons can not be credited to the next month in this case.
- If I need to cancel a lesson, the student won’t be charged for it. If the lesson I cancel has already been paid for, I’ll credit it to the following month.