Offering Ukulele Lessons in Greensboro NC
I also offer ukulele lessons. The ukulele such a fun and relatively easy instrument. It's small size and fewer number of strings make the learning curve on it a bit easier than the guitar.
Much like what I offer for guitar lessons, my teaching approach on the ukulele includes:
A Beginner's Course
I've put together a short course focused on learning how to strum basic chords. This course mostly uses samples from real songs to teach:
- Simple chords like F, C, G, Am, and Em
- Basic rhythm ability and the mechanics of strumming
- How to read and interpret rhythm notation
Along the way, we will:
- Start with the absolute easiest chords, and gradually work our way up to more difficult chord shapes
- Introduce new chords one at a time
- Gradually build the songs in length and complexity, until we are able to play through full songs
Adjustable Curriculum Afterwards
After we've finished the beginner's course (or if it isn't needed for an intermediate student), we'll settle into a more flexible pattern where the student can request songs to learn.
Depending on the student's interest, we'll also explore areas of playing like:
- Finger picking, or finger-style playing
- Singing while playing
- Bar chords and other movable chord shapes
If you would like more information about ukulele lessons, feel free to contact me:
-Stephanie D. (via Google)
You can see more testimonials here.